Emergencies Happen and We Can Help
There are few emergencies in your home that can be as frustrating to deal with as plumbing emergencies. The truth is that they can happen at any time and they can be extremely stressful. The good news is that Dedicated Plumbing is here to help with your plumbing emergencies no matter the time day or night.
Do You Know What to Do in a Plumbing Emergency?
If you know you are dealing with a plumbing emergency then your first step is to make sure that everyone in your home is safe. Once you have done that, you need to call a plumber right away. Depending on what is happening, we can walk you through some simple steps you can take. If you do these while we are on our way, they could help minimize damage to your property.
- Turn off your water. Look for the water source closest to the area of emergency and turn it off. If you are dealing with a bigger issue, such as flooding in your entire home, then turn off the main water valve of your property.
- Check your water heater. Once you have turned the main valve off, turn off water to your water heater. If your water heater runs on gas, make sure you turn off the gas before you turn off the water.
- Describe what has happened. The more you can tell us over the phone, the better we can help you. If you are dealing with smaller leaks, rags or tape may help stop them temporarily while we are in route. If you do this, make a note of where the leaks are so we know where to find them.
- Trust us. We will tell you if the situation is dangerous. We will tell you how to handle a serious emergency – and we will get to you just as fast as we can.
Do You Know What Constitutes a Plumbing Emergency?
It is common for homeowners to wait until regular business hours because they are not sure if their plumbing situation is an emergency or not. Once again, the best way to be sure is to call us. We will tell you if it can wait until Monday morning or if you need emergency service. Some common examples of emergency plumbing situations include:
- Hot water that won’t cool down. If the water coming from your pipes is very hot and you cannot get it to come out colder, then it is likely you have an issue with a water heater. This may be an emergency or it may be okay to wait. We will assess when you call us.
- Flooding. There are dozens of reasons a property can flood, from broken pipes to a leaking water heater to a sump pump that is not working correctly. All of them are emergencies as they could result in significant property damage if you wait too long.
- Sewage backup. This is a serious issue that causes great discomfort and can case serious property damage too.
Are you dealing with these or other plumbing emergencies? If so, contact Dedicated Plumbing at (909) 969-1909 today and we will get to you as soon as possible.